Sunday 25 August 2013

Day 10 - Coming Home

We have a nice sleep-in this morning. After some advil and water I'm feeling semi alive. Dave is feeling a little more rough than I am! Must be that 6 years he has on me! lol.

We shower and get packed up - honestly I feel like just burning everything in my bag...its all smells so bad.

Once packed we head downstairs for breakfast - Dave is unsure if he can keep food down. We run into some family and enjoy the brunch at the hotel. An hour later we are in the lobby and waiting for the shuttle to take us to the airport.

If I could reflect back on this trip for a few moments...I think that this trip has brought our family even closer together than we were before. Thetime that I got to spend with my cousins and brothers was priceless. It was also amazing for Dave and I to get to spend so much time together just the two of us. We get along so well when the stresses of our daily life are taken out of the equation.

Getting to know all of these friends of Bill's has been a real privilege...theywere a very wide ranging group, but we worked hard as a team and got alongpretty darn well considering us being literally thrown into difficultsituations together.

I feel truly blessed to have been part of this experience. I enjoyed putting the details of the trip together, and then sharing in the adventure with all of these wonderful people.

To everyone that partook on this trip and helped make it possible...thanks for the wonderful memories, I will carry them for my lifetime.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment